Lisbon - Black Death
The Vasconcellos are a well-known family of nobility in Portugal in the mid-14th century. Your family has actually been around for at least the last century. This is the family tree as you know it right now:
- Duke Gonçallo: in his late 40s now, and the current patriarch of the family. Was married to Isabela (of a different noble house) but she is dead now (died during childbirth). Survived by several children, in order of birth:
- Pedro is the heir to the Dukedom. He is in his late 20s and has a reputation as a decent son, working hard to please his father. Devout, has spent a little time working for the church, and has also participated in armed conflict of various sorts. He is betrothed to a woman from another powerful family.
- Rui is the second eldest and is married to a Castilian woman of one of their lesser houses. He has been often in Castile and seems to be the family ambassador of a sort.
- Catalina is in her late teens and her father is looking for an appropriate suitor.
- Lord Fernam: your father, in his mid 40s, and married to Beatriz (your mother). He has remained behind at court after sending the rest of the family away to the outlying estates. Has four children that have survived to adulthood:
- (TONY) Esteban is the oldest at 20. He is known for his skill in hunting and falconry, but is also well known at court in Lisbon. He has worked hard to represent his family’s interests and has slowly taken on more and more responsibility for the outlying estate.
- (LELAND) Luc is the vagabond son, travelling the peninsula and exploring the countryside. he’s 18 and known to his family as a teller of tales.
- (ARI) Isabel is next at 17 years old. She has been at court recently and is looking for a suitor. She has a good reputation, no scandals. She’s quite the catch, too — very pretty, some of the men have already been talking to Lord Fernam about her.
- (CHRIS) Pedro is one of the Lord’s man-at-arms. He is in his late 30s and has been with the family for as long as any of you can remember. He is one of the only ones trusted to spar with the men of the family.