It is unfortunate, really, to find that one’s life has gone quite wrong so suddenly. To wake up and realize that you can no longer seem to eat food, that you crave instead the taste of blood… drawn directly from the veins of still breathing people.
This is a short log, alas, but just to record what transpired:
The noble members of the Reis family continued their exploration of the estate they came to at. They found numerous dead bodies, and one still living one — a woman who claimed to be the servant who looked after Fernando, second in line to the throne of Portugal. Esteban put her to work fetching food from the orchard, unaccompanied.
In brief, the rest of the evening:
- The party spent the night in the priest’s house. Pedro discovered that sunlight was suddenly unfriendly, but managed to keep the party safe before he passed out to sleep.
- A member of the Invictus, Afonso son of (who?) son of Leonardo, was doing a census of the living/dead with two of his retainers.
- The party met up with Afonso and had a rather tense discussion.
- To make a point, Afonso attacked the serving woman and shoved her towards the party.
- Luc was unable to resist and found himself biting and feeding from the woman.
- Combat ended when Afonso said the woman would die if she did not receive aid. He explained what to do to close up the wound and Luc did the deed.
- Afonso took some time to explain to the others that they were now vampires. Much confusion ensued.
- He also taught them what to say if they ever needed help from the local Invictus: ignus mundabo Lusitania. Isabel seems to understand what it means.
- Isabel gave the parchment she had gathered to Afonso, who took it without comment before his group gathered up and left.